- Home /
- STIHL FS55 Lightweight Brushcutter
Suitable for tougher clearing applications over larger areas, this lightweight, new-generation brushcutter from Stihl offers high-end German engineering at a price affordable for the keen home gardener.
Key to its superior cutting ability is its combination of a solid drive-shaft with a high-powered 1.0hp (27.2cc) engine, which ensures ample torque is delivered to the cutter-head.
So as to ensure fuel-consumption and exhaust-emissions are kept at the lowest possible levels, Stihl have equipped the engine with their Stratified-Charge technology, whereby fuel-loss during the charge-cycle is minimised, in turn saving on costs.
The starting-system is far simpler than most comparable brushcutters – all you need to do is set the requisite amount of choke; press the primer-bulb; tug the starter-cord, and the engine will fire-up.
The Stihl FS55 is fitted with a ‘bike’ handle that enables a smooth, side-to-side sweeping action with greatly reduced operator fatigue. Its impressively lightweight build (5.1kg) and ergonomic multi-function grip contribute further to ease of use. An AutoCut mowing-head is included.
- A powerful straight-shaft brushcutter suitable for more demanding home-use
- Designed and built in Germany to exacting standards
- High-performance two-stroke engine with a simple starting-system
- Stratified-Charge technology leads to low fuel-costs and reduced exhaust emissions
- Professional ‘bike’-style handle for an effortless mowing action
- Super-lightweight: just 5.1kg
- Ergonomic multi-function grip
- Shoulder-harness included
Engine Type Petrol 2-stroke Engine Make Stihl Engine Model With Stratified-Charge Technology Engine Capacity 27.2cc Engine Power 1hp / 0.75kW Starting System Recoil with Electronic Ignition Engine Fuel Tank Capacity 0.34 Litres Handle Type Cowhorn Linehead AutoCut 25-2 Twin Line Line Feed Bump Feed Line Diameter 2.4mm Cutting Width (Linehead) 42cm Blade Optional Harness Included Sound Level 95dB (A) Vibration 5.5 / 5.5m/s2 (Left / Right) Weight 5.1kg Warranty 2 Years