- Home /
- STIHL FS460 C-EM K Professional Clearing Saw - Short Shaft
Supplied with a chisel-tooth blade and built around a shorter shaft, this top-of-the-range clearing saw from Stihl is the ideal tool for forestry applications where, as is common, space is at a premium.
Technologically advanced, the Stihl FS460 C-EM K features Stihl’s impressive ‘M-Tronic’ electronic engine-management system. This adjusts ignition-timing and fuel-mixture to suit the prevailing conditions, in turn ensuring optimum engine performance is continuously maintained (manual carburettor-adjustments are not required).
The engine itself is a hugely powerful 3hp Stihl two-stroke air-cooled unit, which incorporates the German manufacturer's cutting-edge stratified-charge technology - this allows for a more lightweight build, without compromising on power-output; and works to cut fuel-consumption by 20-percent. Exhaust emissions are also greatly reduced.
Firing-up the engine is a totally straightforward process, aided by Stihl’s ErgoStart system, which takes the strain out of pull-starts.
Because it’s supplied with an ergonomic padded shoulder-harness and weighs just 8.4kg, the Stihl FS460 C-EM K Professional Clearing Saw will remain comfortable to work with during very lengthy sessions.
Its highly effective four-point anti-vibration system protects against blood-vessel damage in the user’s hands; while its wide-grip ‘cowhorn’-style handle facilitates the smooth sweeping action that achieves the best results when working with a clearing saw.
This model also features a carburettor compensator that works to keep the air/fuel mixture constant as the air filter becomes progressively dirtier.
- The most advanced clearing saw Stihl have ever produced
- Short shaft facilitates use in tight spaces
- Very high-powered engine with Stihl’s effort-saving ErgoStart mechanism
- Stratified-charge technology leads to a 20% reduction in exhaust emissions
- Compensator for optimum performance in any given conditions
- Super-simple starting procedure
- ‘U’-type handle for an easy side-to-side sweeping action
- Comprehensive 4-point vibration damping
- Shoulder-harness, nylon-line head and saw-blade included
Engine Type Petrol 2-stroke Engine Make No Engine Model With M-Tronic Engine Management & Stratified-Charge Technology Engine Capacity 45.6cc Engine Power 3hp / 2.2kW Starting System Recoil with ErgoStart Engine Fuel Tank Capacity 0.75 Litres Handle Type Cowhorn Linehead Included - AutoCut 40-2 Twin Line Line Feed Bump Feed Blade Included - Chisel-Tooth Saw Blade Harness Included Sound Level 101dB (A) Vibration 2.4 / 2.0m/s2 (Left / Right) - with Metal Blade Weight 8.4kg Warranty 2 Years