- Home /
- Stiga SBC-242D Brushcutter
This high-specification straight-shaft brushcutter from trusted Swedish brand Stiga is priced within the homeowner bracket, but nevertheless offers power-levels and handling that will be familiar to the commercial landscaper.
Driving it is a 1.7hp (42.7cc) two-stroke air-cooled Stiga engine with a three-stage muffler for headache-free operation; and a butterfly-valve carburettor for superior regulation of engine-speed and power-output.
An extra-large one-litre-capacity fuel-tank means long run-times without interruption; while Easy-Start cuts resistance in the recoil mechanism by 30% for low-effort pull-starts.
Boasting a ‘cowhorn’ handlebar - the go-to type for the professional gardener - the Stiga SBC-242D Brushcutter can be guided across the ground with a comfortable and natural side-to-side ‘sweeping’ motion.
It’s supplied with a full shoulder harness for improved safety and reduced user-fatigue; and it utilises Stiga’s AVS shock-absorbing technology so as to ensure the hands and arms aren’t exposed to potentially damaging vibration.
Suitable for both brushcutting and grass-trimming applications, the SBC-242D is supplied with a 25.5cm tri-arc metal blade and a 45cm twin-line head (cord-advance is via a time-saving bump-feed system).
- A versatile 2-in-1 grass-trimmer/brushcutter from leading Swedish brand Stiga
- Powerful but clean-running and fuel-efficient two-stroke engine from Stiga themselves
- Easy-Start takes all the effort out of the ignition process
- ‘Cowhorn’ handlebar for a natural lateral ‘sweeping’ action
- AVS and soft-grip handle ensures your hands are exposed to minimal vibration
- Extra-wide cutting-swathe for a speedy work-rate
- Convenient bump-feed line-advance
- Tool-kit and full shoulder-harness included
Engine Type Petrol 2-stroke Engine Make Stiga Engine Capacity 42.7cc Engine Power 1.7hp / 1.25kW Starting System Recoil with Easy Start Engine Fuel Tank Capacity 1 Litre Handle Type Cowhorn Linehead Included - Twin Line Line Feed Bump Feed Line Diameter 2.8mm Cutting Width (Linehead) 45cm Blade Included - 3-Tooth - 25.5cm Harness Included - Professional Double-Shoulder Harness Vibration 7.00 / 3.90m/s² (Left / Right) Weight 8.8kg Warranty 2 Years