- Home /
- Mountfield T40H Lawn Tractor - 452cc (2021 Model)
Check items to add to the basket or select all
Capitools Price Only£99.95
Capitools Price Only£54.95
Capitools Price Only£249.00
Capitools Price Only£149.00
Capitools Price Only£519.00
Capitools Price Only£249.00
Capitools Price Only£289.00
Built around a sturdy NP chassis, which provides an extra-robust cutting platform, the Mountfield T40H is the premium product in the long-stablished British brand’s T Range of lawn tractors.
The Mountfield T40H comes fitted with an expansive 102cm twin-bladed cutter deck that sits beyond the wheels, thereby allowing you to cut right up the to the lawn edge, which in turn lessens the amount of post-mowing strimming work. Anti-scalp deck wheels reduce the chance of turf damage occurring when manoeuvring on undulating terrain.
This exceptional piece of machinery features a powerful, large-capacity 452cc (9.9hp) four-stroke air-cooled engine, which, thanks to its OHV design, you’ll find smooth-running, clean-burning and cheap to fuel-up.
Electric key start means you’ll be able to get mowing with zero fuss and bother; while a large 4.5-litre-capacity fuel-tank facilitates extended run-times.
The Mountfield T40H has a foot-pedal hydrostatic transmission that enables you to control the ground-speed much like you would in an automatic-drive car. This ensures you’ll enjoy excellent manoeuvrability and will be able to move across the lawn at the best pace for the prevailing conditions. A handy mow-in-reverse function makes it possible to back-up without having to disengage the blades.
Capable of bagging, mulching or rear-discharging cuttings, the Mountfield T40H offers the versatility you’ll need to successfully manage different grass lengths – for example, you might want to rear-discharge cuttings on informal outlying areas; and mulch them on well-maintained areas where appearance is more important.
Thanks to the interaction of its two blades, which creates a high-speed under-deck airflow, the Mountfield T40H offers excellent collection performance, and will even bag damp grass without the discharge chute becoming blocked. The spacious 260-litre catcher benefits from an audible ‘bag full’ warning and can be emptied from the comfort of the driving-position.
A build-up of grass around the blades can seriously impair performance. So as to help combat this issue, Mountfield have fitted a hosepipe fixture point that makes under-deck cleaning a much easier process - simply attach your hose to one of the wash-ports located either side of the cutter deck, turn on the tap, then engage the blades to swill water around the undercarriage. We recommend you do this after every session, as it will help prevent corrosion.
Flexible in use, the Mountfield T40H Lawn Tractor gives you the choice of seven cutting-heights – select the one you feel best suits both the conditions and your preferred finish. Even more flexibility is granted by Mountfield’s provision of a tow-bar – you’ll be able to work with numerous attachments, such as trailers, sprayers and dethatchers.
Please note: mulch-plug and rear deflector optional.
- Driven by a powerful and ultra-reliable Mountfield ST500 Series engine
- Foot-pedal hydrostatic-drive gives you instant control of the ground-speed
- Light-steering and a tight turning-circle make it easy to control and manoeuvre
- Cuts beyond the wheel-width for less trimming work
- 102cm twin-blade cutter-deck – ideal for grassed areas up to two-and-a-half acres
- Seven-step height-of-cut, adjustable to suit conditions
- Hosepipe attachment for easy deck cleaning
- Grass-collector holds up to 260-litres of cuttings
- An audible warning lets you now when the collector needs emptying
- You can empty the collector from the driver’s seat
- Rear-discharge and mulch capable
- Electromagnetic blade clutch for smooth, wear-free blade engagement
- Twin headlights for safe low-light operation
Engine Make Mountfield Engine Model ST500 Engine Type Petrol 4-stroke Engine Capacity 452cc Engine Power 9.9hp / 7.4kW Engine Cylinders Twin Engine Starting System Electric Key Start Engine Fuel Tank Capacity 4.5 Litres Transmission Hydrostatic - Foot-Pedal Controlled Drive Rear Wheel Cutting Width 102cm (41") Cutting Heights 25-80mm Height Adjustment 7 Positions Blade Engagement (PTO) Electronic Turning Circle 160cm Blades 2 Grass Collector 260 Litres Empty Grassbag from Seat Yes Grassbag Full Indicator Yes - Audible Mulching Optional Rear Deflector Optional Side-Discharge No Headlights Yes Seat With Safety Contact-Breaker Deck Washout Port Yes Anti-Scalp Deck Wheels Yes Tow Bar Yes Front Bumper Yes Wheels - Front 380mm (15") Wheels - Rear 460mm (18") Dimensions (HxWxL) 120 x 105cm x 236cm Weight 221kg Lawn Size Up to 8000m2 Warranty 5 Years (T&C's Apply)
- The Brand
About MountfieldThe Mountfield name has been associated with quality lawn mowers, garden tractors, ride on mowers and garden equipment for nearly 50 years.
Mountfield is part of the GGP (Global Garden Products) Group who manufacturer of one of the largest ranges of lawnmowers and garden machinery in the world. Based in northern Italy, GGP are the market leaders for ride-on mowers in Europe with 120,000 units sold in 2007 - an estimated 39% market share.
Mountfield lawnmowers and garden equipment are distributed in the UK by GGP UK Limited who operate a comprehensive service dealer network. Mountfield is Britain's favourite brand of petrol lawn mower and their ride-on mowers & tractors have been sold in the UK since the 1970s.
- Premium Service
Our Premium Delivery Service includes:
- Assembling your product to save you the time & hassle of doing this yourself
- Undertaking a complete manufacturer’s PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) in accordance with their established guidelines
- Testing all controls and working mechanisms on the machine to ensure they are in perfect working order
- Fine tuning the engine to ensure it is running at optimum performance levels
- Cleaning and polishing your new ride-on to ensure it arrives with that sparkling new feel
- Providing detailed instruction guidelines on how to get going with your new machine and a Free Technical helpline should you need any one-to-one assistance over the phone
- Fixing your ride-on mower to one of our specially designed purpose-built pallets and providing protective covering to ensure your product arrives in perfect condition
We also promise to keep you fully informed every step of the way and will work hard to ensure your buying experience - from purchase to delivery - is as simple and stress-free as we can make it
You will receive a 'phone call from us to discuss your shipping schedule before the goods are dispatched and a further call from our shipping company to agree a delivery time that suits you.
In addition, we offer the most comprehensive back-up service in the industry. As well as our Free Technical Helpline and MowHow, our store of free, practical information, we provide full back-up support in the event of any manufacturing faults with your machine.
That is what we mean by Premium Service. We look after you every step of the way. As standard.
Customer Reviews 2 item(s)
Great product and very helpful supplier
Review by Ken Hobson / (Posted on 19/06/2021)
Great product and very helpful supplierReview by Ken Hobson / (Posted on 19/06/2021)I have gone up a size with this Mountfield T40 which has lots of power, a wider cut, easy to use, larger collector box.
Great machine that feels strong and capable.
Thanks for all your help!
Ease of Use
Review by Mr. RALPH BRUNJES / (Posted on 04/09/2020)
Great machineReview by Mr. RALPH BRUNJES / (Posted on 04/09/2020)This machine came fully assembled and ready to use straight from the pallet it came on, it seems a very well built and strong machine.
I have not used it yet to cut the grass as the weather has been against me but I am sure that it will be more than capable to do the job it was made for. I have given it 5* for performance as it feels right.
I also feel VERY SAFE on this machine compared to my previous one ( Not a mountfield ).
Ease of Use
- Great product and very helpful supplier