- Home /
- Mountfield 1638H Twin-Cylinder Lawn Tractor
Check items to add to the basket or select all
Capitools Price Only£39.95
Regular Price: £219.00
Special Price £199.00
Capitools Price Only£249.00
Capitools Price Only£149.00
Capitools Price Only£519.00
Capitools Price Only£259.00
Cover a large area fast and do so the comfortable and convenient way with this high-quality but attractively-priced lawn tractor from respected British brand Mountfield!
Supplying the two blades with a sizeable 13.9hp is a STIGA ST550 engine; a high-capacity 586cc forced-air-cooled twin-cylinder motor that combines a pressurised lubrication-system with cast-iron cylinder sleeves and a two-stage air filter for an impressively lengthy service-life; and which employs the classic V-Twin cylinder-configuration for superior torque-output and super-smooth performance.
STIGA's OHV technology works to cut fuel-consumption, noise and emissions; while their provision of an electric key starter makes achieving ignition a fast, hassle-free operation.
The Mountfield 1638H Twin-Cylinder Lawn Tractor has a seven-step adjustable height-of-cut (25-80mm) that provides the flexibility required to manage the condition-changes you’re bound to experience as the growing-season progresses.
It offers a tight 140cm turning-circle, so end-of-pass realignment manoeuvres are quick and simple; and it benefits from large 457mm-diameter drive-wheels that deliver high-grip traction while being kind to the lawn surface.
Equipped with a foot-pedal-operated hydrostatic transmission that facilitates smooth, no-gear-shift ground-speed control, the Mountfield 1638H is a delight to drive and excels when it comes to the negotiation of obstacles and landscaping.
This model’s 98cm working-width and 240-litre collection-capacity make it a good match for areas up to 6000m2.
Should you wish to get the job done even faster - and naturally fertilise the turf at the same time - you can fit the included mulch-plug.
Other attractive features include a blockage- and spillage-preventing ‘collector full’ warning; and a deck-wash port for straightforward cleaning of the undercarriage.
A tow-hitch is available as an optional accessory.
- Advanced Stiga V-Twin OHV engine for smooth-running and efficient operation
- Generous working-width for fast cut over expansive areas
- Large-capacity collector can be emptied from the seat and features a ‘collector full’ alarm
- Mulching function for lawn areas requiring more frequent mowing
- Optional rear-deflector can be fitted when tackling longer grass
- Smooth hydro-drive gives you car-like control of the tractor’s ground-speed
- Substantial wheels/tyres for stability on slopes and rougher terrain
- Electronic deck-engagement for ease of use
- Tow-bar available for a wide range of optional attachments, such as trailers, rollers and aerators
- Twin headlights for safety and better visibility
- Comfortable high-back seat can be adjusted to suit the driver
- Convenient deck-wash port
- Protective front-bumper
- Tight turning-circle and responsive steering makes it easy to work around obstacles
- Low-effort spring-assisted height-of-cut control
Engine Make Stiga Engine Model ST550 V-Twin OHV Engine Type Petrol 4-stroke Engine Capacity 586cc Engine Power 13.9hp / 10.04kW @2600 rpm Engine Cylinders Twin Engine Starting System Electric Key Start Engine Fuel Tank Capacity 6 Litres Transmission Hydrostatic - Foot-Pedal Operated Drive Rear Wheel Speed 0-8.8km/h Cutting Width 98cm Cutting Heights 25-80mm (7 Positions) Height Adjustment Single Lever - Spring Assisted Blade Engagement (PTO) Electronic Turning Circle 140cm Blades Twin Grass Collector 240 Litres Empty Grassbag from Seat Yes Grassbag Full Indicator Yes Mulching Yes Side-Discharge No Headlights Yes Seat Adjustable Anti-Scalp Deck Wheels Yes - 2 Tow Bar Optional Wheels - Front 381mm Wheels - Rear 457mm Lawn Size Up to 6000m2 Warranty 5 Years
- Premium Service
Our Premium Delivery Service includes:
- Assembling your product to save you the time & hassle of doing this yourself
- Undertaking a complete manufacturer’s PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) in accordance with their established guidelines
- Testing all controls and working mechanisms on the machine to ensure they are in perfect working order
- Fine tuning the engine to ensure it is running at optimum performance levels
- Cleaning and polishing your new ride-on to ensure it arrives with that sparkling new feel
- Providing detailed instruction guidelines on how to get going with your new machine and a Free Technical helpline should you need any one-to-one assistance over the phone
- Fixing your ride-on mower to one of our specially designed purpose-built pallets and providing protective covering to ensure your product arrives in perfect condition
We also promise to keep you fully informed every step of the way and will work hard to ensure your buying experience - from purchase to delivery - is as simple and stress-free as we can make it
You will receive a 'phone call from us to discuss your shipping schedule before the goods are dispatched and a further call from our shipping company to agree a delivery time that suits you.
In addition, we offer the most comprehensive back-up service in the industry. As well as our Free Technical Helpline and MowHow, our store of free, practical information, we provide full back-up support in the event of any manufacturing faults with your machine.
That is what we mean by Premium Service. We look after you every step of the way. As standard.