- Home /
- Efco 8460 Professional Petrol Brushcutter
The purpose built 45.7 cc (2.5 HP – 1.8 kW) 2-stoke engine on this professional brushcutter delivers very high levels of torque making it the ideal tool for clearing thick grass, shrubs and undergrowth. It’s extremely competitively priced and comes with professional quality features throughout.
Magnesium housing provides the ideal combination of light weight and resistance to prolonged stress whilst the piston comes with two rings and has been diamond finished to guarantee maximum quality and consistency over time.
The professional anti-vibration system on the Efco 8460 Brushcutter offers superior shock absorption and makes the machine ideal for prolonged use. A full professional harness is supplied for even weight distribution and the specially designed ergonomic handles ensure a comfortable posture can be maintained.
This extra robust model from Efco has a 32 mm diameter tube and steel crankshaft. It’s supplied with a three-point blade – ideal for dense vegetation – as well as a tap ‘n’ go head with extra thick 3.3 mm nylon line.
For easy, jerk free starting, the Efco 8460 Professional Brushcutter comes with both digital coil and a decompressor switch for reducing the compression ratio in the cylinder when firing the machine up. This offers the most reliable form of assisted starting over life of the unit.
- Engine comparable with the best on the market for power output and combines high maximum torque with sustained running torque at low rpm. This is because the machine was designed specifically as a brush cutter and not derived from chainsaws.
- Superior performance with no increase in weight, resulting in one of the best power-to weight ratios available.
- Die-cast cylinder with special internal treatment, diamond-machined piston with 2 rings, forged steel connecting rod, forged crankshaft with 2 counterweights - features guaranteeing great strength and durability.
- Primer facilitates starting, especially from cold.
- Vibrations reduced to the minimum by an anti-vibration system and 6 self-lubricating bearings in the transmission.
- 1.5 litre capacity fuel tank ensures long periods of operation without interruption.
- Fuel tank separate from the engine to prevent overheating of fuel when working for long periods.
- Newly designed fuel tank breather makes no contact with the fuel, eliminating the risk of fuel spills.
- Maximum comfort with the new 30° bevel gear which allows the operator to keep a more upright posture.
- Standard equipment includes a 3 tooth blade 300 mm, gauge 3 mm, and a Tap-N-Go head, size 130 mm (3.0 mm line).
- The handgrip incorporates a "chainsaw type" throttle latch, a safety device preventing involuntary acceleration.
- Ergonomic handle with moulded rubber grips. The operator always has a firm and comfortable grip on the machine.
- The cutter guard and safety shield conform to CE standards.
- New foam air cleaner rated 80 PPI, ensuring high filtration capacity.
- Filter cover removable without tools simply by pressing a release catch: air filter made easier to inspect and clean.
- Digital coil with electronic control: ensures effortless starting and improves performance, always guaranteeing uniform combustion and low fuel consumption.
- Professional carburettor model WYK equipped with lift-starter and primer to facilitate starting. The new carburettor also complies with EPA standards on exhaust emissions, already effective in U.S.A. and to be adopted in Europe within the next few years.
- Professional harness, easily adjustable, gives greater freedom of movement and favours a more even weight distribution, according to the height and build of the operator.
Engine Type Petrol 2-stroke Engine Make Emak Engine Capacity 45.7cc Engine Power 2.5 HP/ 1.8 kW Starting System Recoil Engine Fuel Tank Capacity 1.5 Litres Handle Type Cowhorn Linehead No Line Feed Bump ( tap ‘n’ go) Line Diameter 3.3mmm Cutting Width (Linehead) 42cm Blade Yes 4-tooth Harness Yes. Full Pro Weight 8.1kg Warranty 2 Years